The best lemony cake cookies this side of Mt. Crumpet!
- 1 box Lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- green and blue food gel
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/3 cup butter.
- Mix in color to preference.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, form dough balls, roll them in powdered sugar, and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Press the top of the cookie down slightly using the bottom of a glass.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet. Then, move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optionally, you may sprinkle additional powdered sugar on the cookies while still warm.