- 3 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- Add bacon to a medium-sized skillet and fry over medium heat until crisp
- Remove bacon and reserve on a plate lined with paper-towel.
- Add sweet potato to skillet with bacon fat and cook covered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean and add olive oil. When oil is simmering, add shallots and garlic. Fry until tender, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and bacon back to the skillet. Add seasonings and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and serve topped with cheese accompanied by egg and toast.