- 12 cups water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 garlic bulb, smashed
- 1 knob ginger, roughly chopped
- 1-3 cups greens such as kale
- 3 cups mixed chopped vegetables such as carrot, mushrooms, and celery
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- A bunch of fresh cilantro
- Bones from a whole chicken carcass
- Add everything to a large pot and bring to a boil
- Cover pot and simmer for about an hour.
- Once cooled strain the liquid into a large bowl to reserve for later use.